"BURMANET: VIRUS WARNING"

*************************

BURMANET: VIRUS WARNING
March 11, 1997

If anyone receives e-mail entitled: PENPAL GREETINGS! please
delete it  WITHOUT reading it. This is a warning for all Internet users. There
is a dangerous virus propagating across the Internet through an e-mail message
entitled "Penpal Greetings!" It is a self-replicating virus, and once the
message is read, it will AUTOMATICALLY forward itself to anyone who's e-mail
address is present in YOUR mailbox. This will destroy your hard drive, and
holds the potential to destroy the hard drive of anyone whose mail is in your
Inbox, and who's mail is in their Inbox and so on.  Pass this message along to
all of your friends, relatives and the other readers of the newsgroups and
mailing lists which you are on so that they are not hurt by this virus.

Library Automation Services

**************************************

Strider & other BurmaNet readers:

I could be wrong but I suspect this is kinda a hoax.  No viruses can be spread
just by simply reading an email unless there was an .exe, .url, .link, etc.
file attached.  Even w/ this, as long as you don't detach the file nutin will
happen.

I would ques the source of this email.  Internet rumors are quite ambiguous
easily spreadable.  Whether this "Penpal Greetings" is true or not, be wary of
stuff you heard/read on the Net...

Ques the source & "timing", do some homework, be skeptical & most important of
all, use common sense & apply some logic.