meeting with U Tin Win (Burmese Am

Subject: meeting with U Tin Win (Burmese  Ambassador to U.S]

Today (3-16-1997), U Tin Win came to La Puente buddhist monastery of California to
meet with the Burmese in southern California.  Actually he has been sent to collect
the over due taxes $$$$ from the burmese passport holders.  But many people ask him
about the current situation in Burma.  It was pitiful that he manages to deny all.
He also blamed the other government(Ne Win) for Burma becoming one of the poorest
countries in the world from the richest country in Asia at one time.  The whole world
know that the present government SLORC and the previous are the same.  We all know
that he will be answering to the questions lies and all the answers and within the
boundary of SLORC cunning law. We went there to support the suffering people in Burma
and in support of Daw Aung San Su Kyi and the NLD members.  A video recording will
be available.  On it you may see all the brown noses to U Tin Win like U Sein Than.
At one point U Sein Than attempt to help to answer one of the question but he was
quickly stop by the NLD supporters.  Some brown noses left the monastery as some stay
quietly in the back.  I'll be posting more in detail later.

Thank you,

mabel