re!!!! Unocal giving up natural-gas

Subject: re!!!! Unocal giving up natural-gas exploration in  Burma

check it out, this from the Financial Times, Friday, April 25, on how us
companies are getting around sanctions: ..."Most of the new investment
was in the oil and gas sector, with offshore
exploration rights held by Unocal and Texaco being converted into
production-sharing contracts.

This distinction is important as the executive order implementing the
new investment ban is expected to allow existing investment contracts to
be fulfilled but not allow them to be expanded, modified or upgraded.
Arco has also been heavily involved in natural gas exploration but it is
unclear whether a production-sharing agreement has been reached."

dawn star
euroburmanet
http://www-uvi.eunet.fr/asia/euro-burma/total/