Appeals on Bhutan's Issues (r)

The Buddhist Relief Mission has strong reservations about the issue of
Nepalese refugees from Bhutan.

We would certainly regret seeing FBC and Free Burma activists caught up in
this very muddy issue, perhaps on the wrong side.  We do not want to belabor
the point by marshalling resources and background information for a debate
on it either, detracting from the issue of Burmese democracy.  Suffice it to
observe that the problems in Bhutan and Burma are very, very different.  The
one similarity we see is that in Burma we can everywhere witness the
destruction of precious, irreplacable indiginous cultures.

It has been observed that Tibet has been lost to the Chinese, while
Buddhists in Sikkim are now a distinct minority in their country.  Bhutan?

It is certainly a very complicated issue.  Much more than this simplistic
appeal, "Daw Suu enjoyed Bhutanese hospitality, therefore climb on board,"
would suggest.

We do not agree with Euronet Burma.  At this time we also feel compassion
for the King of Bhutan.

With metta,
Visakha and Ken

http://www2.gol.com/users/brelief/Index.htm