No Subject Given

May 9,1997

>From the Karen Liaison Office for Peace

To all Peace Loving People,
 I would like to inform everyone that on May 3rd,1997, the top leaders of the
Karen Nation Union held a meeting and agreed to resume the dialogue with the
SLORC. The KNU earnestly hopes to find a viable solution for the cessation of
the civil war and to establish genuine peace in Burma for all people.

I welcome any suggestions or advice from individuals or international
organizations who are working to create a durable peace and stability for the
Union of Burma and all its people. Please feel free to contact me at the
address below.

Respectfully yours,

Nay Soe
Liaison Officer of the KNU
P.O. Box 96
Measot,Tak    63110
Thailand
| SalaThai, Bangkok, Thailand - A FirstClass Network - Tel: (662) 679-8382   |
|           BBS: (662) 679-8380 (18 lines)   http://www.sala.net             |
|       Please address any problems and questions to jamiezel@xxxxxxxx       |