Will Burma be next after Hong Kong

Subject: Will Burma be next after Hong Kong and Taiwan?

Will Burma be next after Hong Kong and Taiwan?

The Chinese President,Mr Jiang Zemin, has call for yesterday's (July 1)
historic return of Hong Kong to the mainland to become a springboard for
the recovery of  Taiwan. He welcome Hong Kong into the "big  family of
the motherland" and urged his people to strive for the reunification and
rejuvenation of China.

He said "Our country is at an important historical juncture,". "Let the
entire Chinese people, our compatriots in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan
and the overseas Chinese become united.

Obviously, Chaina wants not only Taiwan but also the place where Chinese
people are living.

After its major step of getting back Hong  Kong , there is no doubt that
Taiwan is the second  terget of  China. How long  Taiwan leaders can
resist the influence of China is questionable. There is no doubt that
China becomes very powerful  country in the region after it gets Hong
Kong back.

If we look back to Burma, SLORC (State Law and Order Restoration
Council) is dealing with China. It can stand on China's support interms
of  military and economy. There is no strong immigration law on people
from china and these people can get Burmese identity card very easy by
paying not more than 5000kyats. Apparently, upper Burma including
Mandalay, is dominated by Chinese business people. According to the
local people," Mandalay palace is encircled by dragon".

Whether or not china would be the next super-power after US. So its
neighbour countries will be in danger.
Of course, we want to see our country is full of golden, not red. We
must maintain our culture. Must not be a part of super China.

Eyar Soe
ABSDO
Australia