an open letter to nyeinchan and shw

Subject: Re: an open letter to nyeinchan and shwe

		  REVOLUTION IN THE REVOLUTION

Dear Ko Nyein Chan and Ko Shwe,

Criticism is important. Self criticism is far more important since most
people are afraid of doing this. So, first of all I would like to thank
both of you for your courage of doing this before it is too late though it
is late however.

" The only way to guage the level of maturity of a revolutionary party
is to check its attitude toward its own mistakes." said V.I Lenin. Please
let me quote him since his word is quite relevent here. Since 1988
whenever something has happened to SLORC, it accuses that it is the result
a terrorist conspiracy from our side. Likewise, we accuse it is SLORC's
conspiracy if there is something gone wrong on our side. What is the
difference of code of conduct between SLORC and us. We all know that
this is one of the reasons why we are still nowhere near the victory.
Still few of us have moral courage to make self criticisms. You are the
ones who break the ground.

I lived in Manerplaw in 1991 and in BKK, including my stay with NCG  at
Soi Muabaam Preecha, up to 1994 and have witnessed a lot of, both personal
and policy, weaknesses and shortcommings in all of our groups including
NCGUB. I worked for NCGUB for a time and have made many presuasive and
friendly comments to almost all of NCGUB guys in every possible
circumstances. Because I have voted Dr. Hlaing Ni, the NLD candidate for
Thaketa constituency II in the 1990 election. So NCGUB is my government.
This is the leadership I, alongwith other 40 million Burmese peoplein
1990, have chosen in rejection to SLORC's illegitimate, self imposed
political leadership. If this new leadership is incompetant for the job,
it is us, the voters, who are first to blame. We have believed that they
also will learn in the process of the struggele and make huge progress for
it as well for them selves. With that in mind we fled Rangoon and came
directly to them in late 1990. One NCGUB Minister is my close activist
worked together in Rangoon though I did not come particularly to him.

I am quite sure that I am the " only one" in the hundreds of NCGUB
supporters and wellwishers who worked for them and at the same time tried
to comment them " secretly " to have them changed for the better. in fact
it is us not SLORC know a lot more than SLORC how bad are situatns on our
side. but we refraimed from openly blaming them on two grounds;

1. SLORC will take advantage of our criticism posing it as splits on our
   camp.
2. As a matter of fact these people,i.e, NCGUB, are "openly" committed to
this long struggle and they will overcome their shortcommings in the long
run. This, at least apparently, is the spearhead on our side. For the
forming of the national opposition side as a whole itself takes pains and
above all, time.

Besides these two political reasons there is another personal reason which
I mentioned above. Many well wishing critics, especially when they are
less known individuals or if they are are late joiners, afraid of being
accused of SLORC spy. So they have but to resolve that it is better remain
silent and gradually get away from the revolution. That is the unhealthy
situation in which we currently are grounded.

to be continued tomorrow.......

( Please be in the firm belief that you are starting a very small
  beginning of a great thing that will be a factor deciding the fate of
  our revolution. )