Appeal to all

Dear colleagues,

To accomplish our objectives,
1. to remove the dictatorship,
2. to restore democracy administration and
3. to prevent further military coups, we must exercise two kinds of
pressure, internal and external.

Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and the exile groups have been seeking support of
international community for external obligation. Those who have audience
or followers have to work for internal task. But for this assignment, the
performers are inside Burma. What we can do from outside are:
1. to educate strategic non-violent theories and practices,
2. to encourage the people who are living under fear,
3. to support establishing above-ground organizations and
4. to help preparing for the mass-participated, disciplined and strictly
non-violent political defiance movement through a series of small to
medium scale protests and strikes.

The current situation in Burma is demanding to give emphasis to two
issues, ASEAN and Schools.

ASEAN
It is very helpful to see news and commentaries on ASEAN and protests and
statements against SLORC membership. I appreciate who are working fon
this.

Schools and Student issue
It is apparent that SLORC dare not open the schools. Although SLORC has
been successful to restrict the NLD (placing Daw Suu under virtual
house-arrest, cutting off all her external contacts, preventing all
meetings and etc.) and the monks (prohibiting meetings and travelling),
the only probability left is the students. For this expectation, it is
very encouraging to here broadcasts from RFA, BBC and BBC on this topic.
The reports by U Tun Aung Kyaw (RFA), U Hla Pe (RFA), Dr. Aung Khin (DVB)
are very instrumental. I understand that the non-violent groups, PDC and
CNAB are trying for the same mission.

I urge all of you to strengthen our efforts. We should wisely use our time
and  energy and resources on this important issues. This is my submissive
appeal to those who have excellent ideas and creativity to help our
suffering people free very soon.

Chan

Chan