[Subject] Khin Nyunt

-----------------------
Subject: Khin Nyunt
-----------------------

    Khin Nyunt is visiting a school.  In one class,  he
    asks the students if anyone can give him an example
    of a "TRAGEDY".

    One  little boy  stands up  and offers  that "If my
    best  friend who lives next door was playing in the
    street  when a  car came along  and killed him,that
    would be a TRAGEDY."

    "No,"  Nyunt  says,  "That  would be  an ACCIDENT."

    A  girl raises her hand.   "If a schoolbus carrying
    fifty  school children drove  off a cliff,  killing
    everyone  involved...   that would  be  a TRAGEDY."

    "I'm afraid not," explains Nyunt.  "That is what we
    would   call  a   GREAT  LOSS  to   the  Nation  ."

    The  room is  silent;  none  of the  other children
    volunteer.

    "WHAT?"  asks Nyunt,  "Is there no one here who can
    give me an example of a TRAGEDY?"

    Finally, Phe Aung in the back raises his hand. In a
    timid  voice,  he speaks:  "If an airplane carrying
    you  were blown  up by a  bomb,  *that*  would be a
    TRAGEDY."

    "Wonderful!" Nyunt beams.  "Marvelous!  And can you
    tell me WHY that would be a TRAGEDY?"

    "Well"  says the  boy,  "because it  wouldn't be an
    ACCIDENTt,   and it certainly would be NO GREAT LOSS
    to the Nation.

      |       Shar Aung                               |
      |-----------------------------------------------|
      |       All Burma Students League               |
      |       3, Krishna Menon Marg                   |
      |       New Delhi - 110011                      |
      |       India.                                  |
      |       Ph    : 95-11-3017172/3016035           |
      |       Fx    : 95-11-3793397                   |
      |       Email : shar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |
      |               s_aung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |
      |               makakha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx     |