INFORMATION SHEET NO. A.0096(I) (r)

Subject: Re: INFORMATION  SHEET  NO. A.0096(I)

At 05:21 AM 8/19/97, you wrote:
>INFORMATION  SHEET  NO. A.0096(I)				   Date. 19/8/97
>
>(1)		Chief of Staff (Army) of Armed Forces of Bangladesh Arrives
>		At the invitation of Chief of Bureau of Special Operations and
>Chief of Staff (Army) Lt. Gen. Tin Oo, Chief of Staff (Army) of the Armed
>Forces of People's Republic of Bangladesh Maj. Gen. Mohammad Anwar Hossain
>and party arrived Yangon by air for a goodwill visit.
>
>(2)		KMD presents Higher Diploma certificates to course graduates
>		NCC Higher Diploma certificates presentation ceremony of the KMD
>Computer Centre in conjunction with freshers welcome was held at the
>International
>Business Centre ,Yangon on 18 August morning. Rector of the Institute of
>Computer
>Science  and Technology Dr. Kyaw Thein, Director Mr. Claus Henning of the
>British Council, Regional Moderator U Kyaw Htin and Managing Director of KMD
>Co. Ltd.
>U Thaung Tin delivered speeches and presented certificates to the course
>graduates.
>
>(3)		Billiards and Snooker tournaments on 9 September
>		Billiards and Snooker tournaments jointly sponsored by Myanmar Billiards
>and Snooker Federation and Raffles Recreation Centre will be held on the
>fifth floor of Theingyizay Complex in Yangon on 9 September.
>
>(4)		Friendship Hotel opens in Lanmadaw
>		Myanmar Friendship Hotel, owned by Myanmar nationals, was formally opened
>in Lanmadaw Township on 15 August by Deputy Minister for Hotels and
>Tourism.
>

>OFFICE CALLS IN YANGON ON 18 AUGUST
>
>(A)		Secretary (1)  of the State Law and Order Restoration Council Lt.Gen.
>Khin Nyunt received State Secretary for Foreign Affairs of Japan Mr. Masahiko
>
>Koumura and party at Dagon Yeiktha of the Ministry of Defence.
>
>(B)		Secretary of Myanmar Investment Commission Brig. Gen. Maung Maung
>received Director of South-East Asia Division, Ministry of Finance in Paris
>Mr. Federic Mey  at Myanmar Investment Commission Office.
>
>	We present an article " Myanmar- The Land And Its People" for your reading:-
>
>"MYANMAR-THE LAND AND ITS PEOPLE"
>		Myanmar possess the largest surface area in continental Southeast Asia. It
>is surrounded by Bangladesh and India to the West and Northwest; and China,
>Laos and Thailand to the Northeast and East. It has a population of over 44
>million.
>		The origins of Myanmar civilization had been traced back to the fifth
>century "Pyu" era; but recent excavations have revealed artifacts dating as
>far back as the third century. Legends linked to ancient holy shrines such as
>the world famous "Shwedagon Pagoda" dates it back to the lifetime of the Lord
>Buddha, over 2500 years ago. Historical records have chronicled the glorious
>past of Myanmar as a strong nation that influenced much of the events of the
>South Asia Region.
>The Bagan empire established in the eleventh century was the pinnacle of
> [...]
Dear OK,
 Please check. Kipling never visit Mandalay. His song 'On the road to
Mandalay was written in Maulmein. His other siong about Burmese war  is in
praise of English soldiers. He evn called -SWINE- to the Burmese solder who
killed his friend in Minhla Battle. He is not a friend of Burmese.
uthaung>