Burma Issues' weekly summaries

Dear Friends,

Several months ago we at the Burma Issues documentation center began to post
a semi-organized listing of recent items the center has received.  The
lising was created about once every 7 to 10 days and usually contained a
listing of between 50 and 100 documents.  For each document, we included a
brief summary, the date, the media source and an index number that would
allow us to locate the original article in our archives and send it to
anyone interested.  Most of these summaries were from recent news articles
and the listing was primarily used to keep people up-to-date about
Burma-related developments in a systematic way (by using subject
categories).  Additionally, the summaries contain summaries of documents
that are not widely distributed (such as thesis papers, letters and some
statements) and documents such as teaching resources that some activists
might find helpful.

At times this listing has been very large and, as a result, wasn't
distributed via the Burmanet-l server.  Since it's likely the weekly
summaries will continue to be sizable, we will no longer post them on
Burmanet.  Instead, we will use our own mailing list to send the summaries
to people who ask for it.  An additional change is that the summaries will
be in the form of a text attachment, not within the actual body of the email.

If anyone who is not currently on our mailing list would like to receive
these weekly summaries of documents entered into the Burma Issues
documentation center, please send us (durham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) a request to
be placed on the mailing list.  We're more than happy to provide this
service to all interested people.

Peace,

Burma Issues documentation center staff