Correction:Save a Pro-democracy Bur

Subject: Correction:Save a Pro-democracy Burmese Student!!!!!

Part of the Burmese military government's retaliation has resulted in the
arrest of Ye Thi Ha,a pro-democracy Burmese student since SLORC has
pressured the Thai authorities to turn him in for an alleged terrorist
act.In fact,Ye Thi Ha  has never been a terrorist but a democratic student
who just wants to bring freedom and democracy to his nation.

Back in 1990 ,Ye Thi Ha and Ye Yint were prosecuted by the Thai government
for hijacking a Burmese airliner to Thailand. Not because they believed in
terrorism but because they merely wanted to bring international attention to
the  political crisis
facing the Burmese people. These two students served a 4-year imprisonment as
a form of punishment according to the judicial system of Thailand.

Now that Ye Thi Ha has been re-arrested by the Thai authorities to be
deported to Burma at the request of the SLORC,we urge the Thai government
not to violate universal human rights when Ye Thi Ha has already paid his
due for what he did in 1990.There's no more reason that  the Thai government
should have detained him in the Thai prison while the SLORC keeps pressuring
its counterparts in Thailand to repatriate him to Burma.

If he were sent back into the hands of the military authorities,he would
definitely face
capital punishment and in the meantime his parents are being intimidated and
harshly interrogated by the  military intelligence in Burma.

Therefore ,we call for the immediate release of Ye Thi Ha.

We, a group of patriotic Burmese students along with American College
students ,are demonstrating in front of the Thai Consulate at 351 East 52
Street between 1 Avenue
and 2 Avenue  in New York City from  9 am  to 12 noon on the 29th of August
'1997.You are welcome to join us!!!

Pro-democracy Burmese students in New York
For Information ,please call 212-580-3751 or 917 822 3059