Karen and Mon Conflict in Kya Inn S (r)

Dear Friends

We, Monland Restoration Council, has closely connection with New Mon State
Party. We haven't heard yet about territorial dispute  between Mon and
Karen in Kyar Inn Seik Kyi Township. Last month, one of MRC's CC member
went back to Thai-Burma. He also secretly went into Burma, especially to
Kyar Kyi Seik Kyi Township. He didn't hear anything about territorial
dispute between Mon and Karen. But he reported that the situation in that
region is getting worse and worse because of SLORC offensive against
KNU. People have been arrested by Slorc's soldiers as porter. Villages
were burnt down. Even though NMSP have cease-fire agreement with SLORC,
Mon people in that region are still facing tough conditions under SLORC
offensive against KNU. It is true that NMSP asked SLORC to regonize Kyar
Kyin Seike as part of Mon State. But, NMSP hasn't received any  response
from the SLORC yet. However, we wouldn't agree on this proposal because,
Slorc is NOT legitimate government. Slorc cannot make decision on this
kind of territorial dispute issue. This kind of issue only can solve  by
legitimate government or by political dialoge between Mon and Karen. Kyar
Inn Seike Kyi is not only territorial dispute between Mon and Karen, there
are still many of them. We can't solve this problem right now. It can be
solved  only after democracy will be restored in Burma.

Pon Nya