The burmanet forum

Dear participants of Burmanet forum,

  [and to Ko Shwe Htee- Welcome online to Burmanet forum.
   This is the first time I see your postings on Burmanet
   after we met in Washington DC, in 1996. Thank you for
   your 8.8.88 experiences which you told me nonstop for hours.]

I support the points made by Ko Shwe Htee which I summerised as
follows:- (in his own words)

(1) The burmanet is a serious listserve that is dedicated to providing
    news about Burma and the free Burma campaign.

(2) When you and others joke on the burmanet, you bother other readers
    because they have take time and clean up their mail.

(3) I don't want to use bad language like asshole or bitch for people
    who use the burmanet for their personal or social life.

(4)  .. the free Burma campaign is not a joke. ***

(5) The twelve thousand students who were killed in 1988 are
    not a joke. ***

(6) The people who are killed everyday, who are tortured, who
    remain in jail, and who suffer everyday under the evil system
    of the SLORC are not a joke. ***

(7) I don't want people to look down on the free Burma campaign.

(8) I want people to know that we are serious and committed with
    all our hearts to achieving democracy in Burma. ***

(9) I don't want people to think we are just joking around or are
    jealous and gossiping about each other or ignorant.

(10) I hope that people, not only you, will consider the burmanet
     a serious forum for discussing and learning about Burma and
     the free Burma campaign. ***

(11) If you want to joke, that's fine.  You can send the mail to my
     personal address or anyone else you want to communicate directly
     with.

Well done!!!

With metta and solidarity,
NiNi