Commenmoration of Fallen Freedom Fi

Commenmoration of Fallen Freedom Fighters of Burma

Nine years have elapsed since SLORC seized power on the 18 th of September,
1988. Despite
the growing pressure of the international community upon  SLORC to hand over
power to the democratically
elected representatives of National League for Democracy, there has been no
dialogue but immense oppressive measures of the democratic forces of the
country by SLORC.

On the 18th of September 1988, SLORC resumed power after killing innocent
demonstrators in the streets
of the cities across the nation.This is a historically significant day which
will be for ever emblazoned in the memories of the Burmese people who
witnessed the tragic bloody armed suppression on its own people
by SLORC. Scarifices made by the student martyrs will never be forgotten.
Instead ,they will  always be
 recorded in history.

To commemorate this historic day , we ,the students from Organization for a
Democratic Burma,will
stage a demonstration in front of the Burmese Consulate at 10 East 77 Street
,New York City on the
18th of September 1997. .We also will release a summary of highlights
related to the Burmese struggle for democracy to the public. and  the
international community.

If there is no struggle for oppression or injustice ,the people perish.

O.D.B