SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS (r)

>Date: 25 Sep 1997 18:20:52
>From: burma@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS
>The Sydney Morning Herald
>
>Rangoon: Despite fears of a possible government crackdown, more than
100
>members of the party headed by the democracy leader Ms Aung San Suu Kyi
>have reached Rangoon to attend a meeting set for the weekend.
>

>While most Western diplomats publicly supported Ms Suu Kyi's stand,
some
>privately expressed disappointment,
>
>"The regime really looks good because they made an offer and the NLD
>rejected it," said Mr Aung Zaw, an exiled Burmese journalist. "The NLD
>has made a mistake." (Associated Press)

Dear all!

How do you think about Aung Zaw's opinion? As far as I know him, Aung
Zaw was a student activist who was involved in the people uprising 1988,
and fled to the Thai-Burma border after 88 september coup.Now he is
living in Thailand.

I think, he has his own rights(individual rights) to express his
opinions but he is losing his faith and spirit of struggle for democracy
and for people of Burma.There is no doubt that he is trying to get
reconganation from SLORC for himself by using people's struggle as a
step stone.

So, I would like to suggest that Aung Zaw should be a independent
burmese journalist rather than exiled burmese journalist.

Thawma'88