SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS (r)

Dear all,

I'm not wondering some of us are being allured to contend what they can
get since the struggle has been protracted. Just look back 88' and we'll
see how many students and people sacrified their lives for Democracy. If
we could contend of what we can get, we woun't go to jail, underground,
live in jungle and sacrify.
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi knows what she is doing. She is facing against the
supression and standing straight for Burmese people. Some people just
think we can't win the absolutely victory and should be ready for what
we can get from the opressor. We don't want the kind of mercy of a
hungry tiger given to a sheep because he always thinks how to slaughter
this sheep if he has chance.
I don't mean insult to anyone who express his or her opinion in sake of
streategy for demecracy.

>From notes@xxxxxxx Fri Sep 26 14:01:52 1997
>Date: 26 Sep 1997 12:13:17
>From: kya@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I don't understand how Mr. Aung Zaw could make such conclusion.  I
think
>he should look at the atmosphere and should have tried to know the
>situation  before maing that comment.  For him, it is really easy to
>comment because he is living in Bangkok since 1989.  Hard to
participate
>in the movement but easy to say just from the mouth.
>
>On 26 Sep 1997 thawma@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> >Date: 25 Sep 1997 18:20:52
>> >From: burma@xxxxxxxxxx
>> >Subject: SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS
>> >To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> >SUU KYI ACTIVISTS SET FOR TALKS
>> >The Sydney Morning Herald
>> >
>> >Rangoon: Despite fears of a possible government crackdown, more than
>> 100
>> >members of the party headed by the democracy leader Ms Aung San Suu
Kyi
>> >have reached Rangoon to attend a meeting set for the weekend.
>> >

>> >While most Western diplomats publicly supported Ms Suu Kyi's stand,
>> some
>> >privately expressed disappointment,
>> >
>> >"The regime really looks good because they made an offer and the NLD
>> >rejected it," said Mr Aung Zaw, an exiled Burmese journalist. "The
NLD