After Nine Years Have Passed (r)

Dear tu-maung Ko Tun and ALL,

First of all, I appreciate the essay "After Nine years have passed".
I took your/his dedication with my heart, for I also vow to work for all
children in and outside Burma. In fact Ko Tun and I tried to meet in
Bangkok since our projects focus on the same goal. Because of my busy
schedule I couldn't stay one more week till his arrival.

What I mean to say here begin with the above introduction is that
what he has described in his essay are genuine facts and stories.
These true stories are only second to none. I have the same feeling
and spiritual urgency to develop substantial programs for those
(children and students).

However, about the Slorc's recent call for "dialogue WITH CONDITION",
I have a very different opinion.
Which is as follows:-

	I shall start from the word "instrumental". Instrumental means
	serving as instrument or means. The NLD has brilliant leaders
	who are very instrumental as the peoples' representatives.
	[The peoples here means real grassroot people].
	We have to use all NLD leaders in their capacity in order to
	restore democracy, human rights and the rule of law in Burma.
	We need them all as our useful instruments especially at the
	dialogue table.

	Unfortunately, the Slorc's recent call is *not unconditional.
	"The condition" imposed on the NLD can be explained with few
	simple examples.
 	[Pleas excuse me; it is an occupational risk. :-)]

Example (1) Condition A : mild provocation
If someone asks me not to use my right hand while I am typing,
it is still possible to type although it is inconvenient.
Well, I am flexible and negotiable, of course I would say, yes, OK.
Why not.

Example (2) Condition B: snookering to get No for an answer
If someone asks me not to use my right hand while I am lifting a 10
viss weighs boiling Mont-Hin-gar soup pot. It is JUST NOT possible.
I have no choice but to say 'No, I can't do it'. It doesn't mean
that I am rigid. I am just being reasonable.

I, as one, *am not a member of NLD, think that "the condition"
imposed by Slorc is type B. We, the opposition, must be wise
enough to sense the delicate situation accurately.

With metta and solidarity,
NiNi