STATEMENT UPON ARRESTING BURMESE OP

           OVERSEAS NATIONAL STUDENTS ORGANIZATION OF BURMA
          ALL BURMA BASIC EDUCATION STUDENTS' UNION (THAILAND)

               STATEMENT UPON ARRESTING BURMESE OPPOSITION

We denounce the arresting Burmese dissidents in Sangkhlaburi,
including members of NLD (LA), ABSDF, DPNS, PDF and KNU (Research
team) on Nov 23, Monday.

We naturally hoped that, Thai democratic government respecting
human rights, will not support the junta, a military tyrant in
Burma. We are concerning about the future long term relationship
between two countries.

Because neglecting people's will and supporting the military
tyrants is not a good neighbour's activities. IT can be exactly
effected future relationship of the two countries, especially
after democracy has been restored in Burma.

Therefore we would like to request Thai democratic government to
do favour for the  Burmese people as follow:

1. Please release arrested 20 dissidents in Sangkhlaburi,

2. Please remove the   suppressing policies toward Burmese
oppositions in Thailand.

3. Please cooperate with the international community in giving
pressure to the SPDC (former Slorc) until democracy  has been
restored,

4. Please support the oppositions, both inside and outside Burma,
for real democracy and human rights.

ALL BURMESE STUDENTS
(ONSOB) AND (ABBESU)