Immediate Release

01/31/97
It gives us a very cruel moment to tell you that The Rangoon Post's publishing
must be postponed temporarily due to financial difficulty. But the post will
resume publishing as soon as the problem is resolved. The Rangoon Post will be
registered as a non-profit corporation and look for sympathizers of Burma's
democracy movements to support for the publication.
The Rangoon Post, monthly news journal, is designed to inform diplomats,
officials, and businessmen in Asia, Europe, and North America news, human
rights abuses, heroin productions, and growing economic sanctions against the
Burmese regime and to aid for those who do research, study, observe, and
involve in the democracy movements.
Why the post is needed?
BurmaNet, an online newspaper, has regularly given a huge amount of
information on every corner of Burma's situations to the world since 1994. But
some people do not have Internet access, and some do not even have the time to
hook up the Internet to read the daily news of Burma.  Therefore, The Rangoon
Post, hard-copy news letter, is designated for those who do not have either
the time or the computer to collect information on Burma by spending lesser
times.
As a result, 300 academics, activists, diplomats, journalists, lawmakers, and
students subscribed the paper. The outcome of the publishing was very much
reasonable too. Some went to Thai-Burma border to help the refugees. Some
academics referred to the news from the post. Some journalists directly quoted
from the post. And some Burmese language broadcasting stations such as VOA,
RFA, DVB, and Radio Free Burma, an internet real-audio service, picked up the
news from the post and aired into Burma.
As soon as the post is resumed, we will move more effectively by distributing
the post directly to the offices of officials, diplomats, and businessmen
throughout the world to educate the Burma's situations and enacting selective
purchasing laws in the states and cities in the United States against the
Burmese regime.
In short, we would like to apologize to everyone for our temporarily
incapability of distributing the paper. We, with our deep hearts, would like
to request you to help us by supporting financials or logistics.

Spending Budgets Donated by Board Members

Item 	 Description 					Amount			Date

1.	Lexis Nexis News Subscription Fees 	+ 	$2,711.23	03/31/97-01/30/98

2.	Postage Service Fees 			+	$1,352.01	03/31/97-01/30/98

3.	Copies Fees				+	$2,405.48	03/31/97-12/30/97

4.	Tel & Internet Service Fees 		+	   $511.24	03/31/97-01/30/98

5.	Subscribers Donation 			_	$150.00		03/31/97-01/30/98

						Total	$6,829.96
Sincerely,

Nyi Nyi Lwin (Editor)

Philip McCracken, III (Editor)