Fwd: Re: A recent letter from Burma

Subject:     Re: A recent letter from Burma (reposting)
Sent:        2/2/98 10:04 PM
To:          ktint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"K. Tint" <ktint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I heard a lot about the cane stoke punishments to the Burmese
>overstayers in that tiny Singapore city. You are saying that your
>Government rightly supports such treatments to Burmese men or women who
>give money to Myanmar embassy. Are you really a Burmese blood Okkar?
>Where is your Buddhism or other religious sense if you have any?

Ko Kyaw Tint,

    You mentioned that Singapore Government cane the Burmese overstayers.
Then we will need to examine step by step. The first step is:

   What does overstay means? Does it mean breaking their law? If so, the
second
step is:

   Does the Singapore Government cane only the Burmese overstayers or
does it cane all the overstayers including Burmese overstayers?

   If the answer is "They cane only the Burmese overstayers", I will be
against
Singapore Government. But if the cane all the overstayers including
Burmese
overstayers it is no reason to blame them.

   Our Burmese people should not get special chances to break the other
countries'
law, I think. In the same way, some Singaporeans are doing business in our
country.
The will not get special chances to brek our country's law.

    I respect your spirit of loving our own nationality. But our National
Hero
Gen.
Aung San pointed out that  this kind of spirit without distinguishing
right or
wrong is
"Growing hairs thickly in the wrong place". So please try to let your
hairs
grow
thickly  in the right place.

OK