A recent letter from Burma (reposti

Okkar:
I will point out the reason behind your typical blunder being based on harebrained way of thinking. You believe that all the laws created at a authoritarian country are so absolute that Burmese or other visitors must follow without question. In real civilized world¹s term, these laws are considered not as justice nor human dignity.
Have you ever hard of that Burmese overstayers in Singapore have to bribe to go around the trials on Saturdays? By that poor Burmese can avoid getting 6 cane strokes instead of 3.
Do you know that our 'overstayed' women in Singapore jail had to fight for the right to have long hair that keep them Burmese pride high even in hard times?
Even so you and SLORC can only see them as criminals, do you?
Okkar. Remember that SLORC is collecting millions of dollars from their hard earned money as passport extension fees. Imagine how the overstayers in the US, Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc. will feel when they eventually learn that Myanmar government is so eager to see them get punished as criminals.... What a high depravity SLORC and you guys have?

Regarding a Burmese phrase used by General Aung San in his speech, I don't think you can interpret it correctly. The phrase 'Ta Lwe SanPin Kaung' was used by U Aung San to warn future governments 'not to abuse power or ability.' This exactly tells you that 'Do Not oppress own people instead of protecting them.'

Kyaw Tint