 Let me state that I am an American and I've never been to Burma. So I
don't have an "insider's view". Sincerity aside reading the "Burmese
Fairytale" posting and then reading how the NLD is ready to "share
power" with a corrupt, oppressive, narco-dealing regime that calls
itself the SPDC is disheartening to read to say the least.

Whether the author of the "Burmese Fairytale" posting is sincere or not
is not relevant in my opinion. As well, the accusations that are
implied in her posting that the pro-democracy movement in Burma is
shallow, one dimensional and far removed from reality is a little far
removed from reality itself. I believe that the SPDC regime is
intrinsically evil ( and I don't need to tell any of you why), and a
regime like that is not worth compromising with, opening up diplomatic
relations with etc. As far as the U.S. Gov't is concerned, I think that
more sanctions should be placed against Burma. As well, I would hope
that certain insurgent groups are being covertly funded and supported
by the west. Anything less would be rewarding the SPDC for it's actions..

So I would argue the opposite, the SPDC is not worth the time of day
as far as sharing power is concerned because they haven't done anything
to legitimately prove that they deserve to have power. All they have
used is pure force on the Burmese people. And whether the NLD likes it
or realizes what it is doing or not, by sharing power with a regime
like that, they are giving it legitimacy.

it is always darkest before the dawn.

Sincereley,

Neil Flynn