Attack on Huay Kaloke refugee camp

Dear all,

This morning (March 11) around 1 am Thailand time, DKBA soldiers attached
Huay Kaloke refugee camp in Mae Sot, Tak province.  At present, we do not
have many details although our staff are currently out fact finding.
Preliminary (and yet to be confirmed) reports indicate that the soldiers
used gernade launchers and automatic weapons, killing one person and
wounding 30-40 others.

During and after the attack, the residents of Huay Kaloke took cover in
nearby rice fields.  At dawn, they began to return to the camp to assess
the damage and sift through the ashes for any remaining valuables.

Peace,
Burma Issues documentation center.