Article from Bangkok Post - 6 March

Below is an article I thought would be of interest to most of you. How and why
we can have "ANTHRAX" poisoning in Tachilek, Burma is beyond me. Is Burma
following the path of Saddham Hussein ???

ANTHRAX INFECTION

Meat claims lives of two

Chiang Rai

Two villagers died and seven others were hospitalised for fever and blisters
after eating the meat of a buffalo calf which died of anthrax, Mae Sai
Hospital director Sura Khunkongkhaphan revealed yesterday.

Dr Sura said villagers of Ban San Klang bought 10 calves from Burma's Tachilek
and one died while being herded to the village.

The meat of the dead calf was then distributed to villagers in a traditional
poi luang feast on February 25.

On March 1 two villagers died and about 100 others began to have fever and
blisters all over their bodies.

Seven were admitted for treatment at Mae Sai Hospital while the rest, who
suffered minor fever, were given medicine.

Dr Sura said the animals were brought into the country without being properly
put in quarantine.

Cattle imported from Burma are usually quarantined for 21 days.