OKKAR (r)

On 10 Apr 1998 OKKAR66127@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 98-04-08 18:55:49 EDT, dohrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> >  In addition to the information that Mr. Lintner provided below, readers
> >  can see from the following message that was posted from the OKKAR account
> >  to soc.culture.burma that there is no difference between OKKAR and KMTTO.
>
>      KMTTO is my very first account which I used to post news to SCB. After a
> stupid activist posted nonsense to SCB using forge KMTTO name I declared in
> SCB that I won't use KMTTO anymore and I will use OKKAR instead. After that I
> provide KMTTO screen name for Lt.Col. Hla Min. Whatever messages come in to
> KMTTO account, I forward them to him. Is that very strange for you Mr. Dohr?

Oh, no!  Nothing strange at all about an information source that
constantly hides behind anonymity!  Nothing strange at all about someone
who wants his/her reports to be believed and accepted, yet won't even
attach his or her name to the reports!  That's completely normal, isn't
it!  Maybe to you and your military employers, but not to the rest of the
world.

The whole junta seems to thrive on lack of accountability, lack of
responsibility, fear of transparency.  Your frightened behavior is one
part of a larger pattern.

By the way, you allege that an "activist" forged a posting under the
account of KMTTO.  To you have any evidence to back your claim?  If so,
please provide it.  Have you ever heard of spy agencies such as your own
issuing false information to discredit its opponents?  Might that not be
the case with the KMTTO posting to which you refer?

LD