THE NATION: City Space crosses bo

Business

      City Space crosses
      borders

      Bangkok-based design firm, City Space, is
      targeting expansion into Cambodia and
      Burma to complement its activities in
      Thailand.

      The interior design firm believes there are
      strong growth prospects in the emerging
      neighbouring economies of Cambodia and
      Burma.

      ''The Thai market has been spectacularly
      successful for us over the last three years,
      but as it has matured and become more
      competitive we can only keep growing at
      our historic rate by diversifying,'' said
      company director Walter Tinyow.

      ''Although Cambodia and Burma are not yet
      as politically stable as Thailand, we believe
      things have started to move in a positive
      direction and we are well positioned to
      assist international investors who are
      exploring opportunities there,'' he noted.

      City Space recently established a
      subsidiary in Phnom Penh and has already
      worked on projects in both Cambodia and
      Burma.

      In Burma, City Space has designed the first
      Rover/BMW dealership, while in
      Cambodia, the firm designed and
      project-managed Mobitel's operational and
      sales facility.

      The Nation