To: Lt. Col. Hla Min (r)

On 8 Apr 1998 OKKAR66127@xxxxxxx wrote:

This means that Lt. Col. Hla Min wrote:

>     I have never heard of this kind of restrictions. Shame on you both
> gawdech@xxxxxxxxxxxx who post this rumours to BurmaNet and  "W. Kesavatana-
> Dohrs" <dohrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> who forwarded  to social-culture-Indonesia and
> social-culture-Malaysia.

Thanks for the laugh.  I did repost this report.  I LEFT THE HEADER OF THE
ORIGINAL POST, SO THAT ANYONE WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT IT COULD ASK THEM
DIRECTLY OF THE ORIGINAL POSTER.  Contrast that with your continuous
stream of anonymous, unaccountable reports.  You claim Mr. Leo Nichols
died in prison from "eating rich food."  In fact he was tortured to death,
according to the Norwegian Foreign Ministry, Mr. Nichols' family, and
witnesses who were in prison with him at the time.

When others questioned your claim of the cause of Mr. Nichols' death, who
did you refer them to?  No one.  What autopsy evidence did you provide to
back the shameful "rich food" claim?  None.  Typical and truly shameful.

The report you mention may or may not be true.  You can ask the person who
compiled it.  What can't be denied is that systematic religious repression
is ongoing, as is systematic repression of ethnic minorities.  I urge
interested readers to contact Images Asia at <images@xxxxxxxxxxxx> to get
a copy of "All Quiet on the Western Front?" which documents exactly this
repression in Chin State and Sagaing Division.

Looking forward to your next lie.  (Will it be "Peace and Prosperity in
Border Regions [so why are hundreds of thousands fleeing]"?, "We Love Our
Students [but we closed the universities]", We're Really Fighting Drugs
[but production has doubled and drug dealers are our best friends]", etc.

Larry Dohrs
Seattle