Rumours does not amount to Democrat (r)

Hi

I truely agree with you RAMyint that there are many good solders in Burmese
Army who really love their country and people. Unfortunately these good
solders are forced to serve New Win and follow his path. If solders were
given choice to choose Aung San's path or Ne Win path I am sure majority
will follow Aung San's way. Solders are proud to be solders because they
feel they serve the people and country. In reality it is not true. (most of
the time) they are killing, rapping their own people. We don't have outside
treat.
With ethinic minorities we sould be able to talk and come to certain
concession and agreement.
It can happen if the regime is sincere.

It is a time for good solders to stand up and save the country from a new
dictator and new totalitarian regime. Even the Barlin wall did break into
pieces why not Ne Win/BSPP/SPDC/SPDC ? I am sure when every good solders
stand up they will win. The only need of  good solders is some kind of
support from those working in the DDSI department like OKKAR. So Ko Okkar
if you (all of you) really love the Burmese people and the country, support
Daw Aung San Suukyi and support the reform before it is too late.

I agree we need a strong modern military to protect the people and the
democracy but not to protect Ne Win and  a group of his thugs so called
SLORC/SPDC.

----------
> From: RAMyint@xxxxxxx
> To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Rumours does not amount to Democratic Practice
> Date: Saturday, April 11, 1998 10:26 AM
>
> Okkar:
>
> Nobody in the country (Burma) loves or respects the military
dictatorship.
> They never have and they never will. I was there (serving in the Air
Force) in
> 1962, when Ne Win took over and I left the country in 1966, while the
> Revolutionary Council and BSPP were still going strong.
>
> In the early days of my short career, the Burma Army was considered the
> foundation of Burma's Independence and people were hopefully loooking to
the
> future. Now, you are considered millstones around the necks of the
people.

> Everything you have done have been failures. Huge hotels and motels and
office
> buildings by themselves do not indicate a thriving economy. Vist Myanmar
Year
> is a joke. But, I am not launghing but crying. Because, in my heart I am
> asking myself, how stupid can they really be???  When I was in Burma,
there
> were many people smarter than me. Most of them are still there. But Burma
> still keeps doing the wrong things. Maybe it is because the smart people
are
> standing aside and the stupid people are in charge. How can you succeed
this
> way.
>
> Since the record indicates that BSPP/SLORC/SPDC have never done anything
good
> or acceptable to the people, we automatically take for granted that
everything
> bad about you is true. What is wrong with that????
>
> As soon as you (the military government) accept the will of the people,
you
> will gain credibility and acceptance of the people. Then, you will have
again
> earned the love and respect of the people. The majority of the men and
women
> in uniform would like for this to happen soon. I know.
>
> (I do not know who you or Col. Hla Min are. And I don't care. But since I
am
> DSA 1st Intake, I think I remember the name Ba Myint as 3rd or 4th
Intake).