Majority of KNU leaders want peace, (r)

I do believe that the "majority" of all people in the struggle desire peace.
The only difference is "under what and who's terms" do we want it. After a
time the life of a "freedom fighter" gets old and the better things in life
beckons one to throw in the towel and walk on over to the other side. But I
wonder, if in fact life will become better for these people.

These are the same words that Nai Shwe Kyin the leader of NMSP said on joining
the so called legal fold.

>From the people who have been lucky to leave Burma recently, we only hear
horrow stories of the cruel and unjust ways in which the military authorities
treat ordinary citizens. A few of the leadership may be treated well and
rewarded with property and postition but for the rest, they will join the
general population in suffering under the boots and gun barrels of the
military dictatorship.