Response to [email protected]: (r)

In a message dated 98-05-07 10:01:13 EDT, kyaw_k_htut@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Where did you learn the history of Burma independence struggle, pal?
>  Aung San killed those fascist-minded aliens and was polite to all other
>  people in his self-sacrificing effort for the national freedom. He
>  didn't kill any civilized and freedom-loving people, including the
>  so-called communists, who believed that freedom must be achieved through
>  bloody fight. He both fought and dialogued. A man of uncomparable nobel
>  qualities and flexible attitudes toward not only his people but the
>  people of the world.

 Whether Aung San was friendly, intelligent ,self-sacrificing or not you have
your
opinion, others have theirs. I never talked nor dealt with him and I don't
think you did either. So we could argue until the cows come home and still
would not have a conclusion about his character. In my previous letter, I
criticized Aung San as an opportunist because of his act. In my opinion, his
flip-flop behavior certainly did not win much support overseas. Tactful
strategy is one thing. Flip-flopping is another. He died early, otherwise
people of Burma would be dissapointed  sooner or later.

>  Don't blame the dead father of Independence who did nothing special for
>  his own personal benefits.  Blame me and other those who survivie and
>  can't make the meaning of independence fully effective for the whole
>  population's well-being.
>  Blame those self-centering activists. Blame those who killed their own
>  people and followers. Blame those who spread chauvinistic, ethnocentric,
>  egoistic wrong perceptions of freedom like you.
>
>  Let's me share you my sincere opinion on the same issue.
>  The only way to achieve peace and freedom for the people of Burma is to
>  make a mass-suicide: all babaric SPDC leaders and the manipulative
>  democratic and ethinic leaders must suicide.  Does it sound either-or
>  thinking?

Why not have the courage to speak up ? You hope someone will get rid of or
preferrably kill off those stupid military generals currently "occupying" the
country.
But you can't afford to be dubbed "militant" because you want people to
believe that you are " peaceful democratic freedom lover" so you invented the
word
" should commit mass-suicide". Ha, what a fabulous invention!  You should be
given the "most  innovative political naiveness and wish" award plus a golden
" chicken " award,perhaps.
Along the same line of your thinking someone ( perhaps a follower of you ) may
say those who dare not risk being tortured and going to jail in Burma by
staying
overseas with a big mouth should commit " hara kiri ".
I will provide knives free of charge, I promise.

>  If you are so much unhappy about the problems of Burma, you either
>  participate in the activities that promote freedom and peace in the
>  country or kill yourself.  This is the only antidote available for
>  healing your paranoid.
>  Blaming the dead would not do anything good for the living at all.
>
>  Shame on you,

Me, killing myself ?
Me, killing myself to promote the " green card for me ,please please " people
like you  ?
No way, amigo. I have much better things to do than hiding behind the cloak of
"democracy" for your own selfishness. This is America. I may be crazy,not
stupid.
Have you even thought about why a lot of other countries won sympathies for
their
struggles for democracy while Burma was being neglected ?
I know the answer, but I don't have time to explain to you. You need to be
more intelligent to struggle for freedom. Big mouth can hold more rice but not
much else.

Echelony