THE NATION: ETHNIC CLEANSING: Rape (r)

<< From:	nyap01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Reply-to:	burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (Conferencereg.burma)
 To:	burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (Recipients of burmanet-l)

 Dear Mr. Watcher or whatever s_myanmar

 I strongly disagree the term "Burmanization" is belonged to all the ethnic
 people in Burma. Burmanization is imposed by Burmese government which is
 ruled  by majority Burman ethnic group. Burman is identified a majority
 ethnic group in Burma. The term "Burman' came out after 1988 when most
 ethnic groups tried to identify their ethnic identifications in Burma. We
 also call
 Bamar in Burmese. I am sure that most Burmans are feel not comfortable to
 use this term for their own ethnic identification.  Mon is Mon. Bamar
 is Bamar and so on.  They are differents in term of languages, culture,
 and literature.  Those differents ethnic groups are forced to live
 in one country. You can argue that Binlong  treaty was a consesus of all
 ethinic group that wanted to live in one country as federation. But this
 treaty has never been implemented. Eventually, all of these minority
 groups became under control the Burmese government who most them are
 Burman. Then the government implemented
 "ethnic cleasing policy" or Burmanization policy". If the government
 is really neutral, why they banned  Mon and other ethnic language to teach
 in the
 school. I still remembered that when I was first grade. I was forced to
 speak Burmese. If I spoke Mon, I had to pay fine for 25 pyar (cent). This
 kind of policy is totally ethnic cleasing policy. Yes, it true that their
 some ethnic solidiers in Burmese Army. But they are not the one who
 formulate the policy. They implement the policy. They have to becuase they
 are hired or paid for to do that. Since most people of Burma are under
 employement, poeple are eger to joint army becuase army are paid good.
 Their are very few ethnic soliders in Burmese army. Instead of jointing
 Burmese army, they are joining their ethnic resistance groups to fight for
 their freedom. Please don't mixed up water and oil. Water can never be oil
 and oil can never be water. If you want to discussion more about this
 issue, please contact

 Pon Nya Mon
 Chairman
 Monland Restoration Council
 213 Cumberland Ave.
 Fort Wayne, In 46805
 USA
 Tel/fax 219-471-3961 >>
Pon Nya Mon,
        You are the man buddy.....We absolutely agree with you ....You tell
the truth..
And the truth will speak for it self....You are my hero....Keep it up with
your trend...Mon country will be back one day...Every ethnic group should be
fully respected and deserve equel right with the Burmese or Burman...No group
is better than the other.....
        S-Myanmar or Watcher, you are suck...