NEWS-Myanmar Ethnic Leaders Want Pa (r)

Re: Myanmar Ethnic Leaders Want Parliament Covened

>            Reuters
>            09-JUN-98
>
>            YANGON, June 9 (Reuters) - Four
>            ethnic leaders in Myanmar, elected in
>            the 1990 general elections ignored by
>            the ruling military, on Tuesday
>            appealed to the government to
>            convene parliament based on the poll
>            results.

We welcome the moves made by the four ethnic leaders (one each from
Arakan, Shan, Mon and Chin States) in Burma who were elected in the 1990
general elections.

We understand that she is working very hard to finish an NLD plan
within one month to pressure the government to implement the results of
the 1990 election, which her party won with a landslide victory.

It's very important that we all unite behind the main opposition
National League for Democracy (NLD) party led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.

Minn Kyaw Minn