Solidarity with DASSK & WOB, June 1

Solidarity with Nobel Peace Laureate Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and the Women of
Burma.

The Burma Bureau Germany is pleased to announce the following:

+On the occasion of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's Birthday and the Women of Burma
Day on
coming June 19, we have the pleasure to invite cordially all our Burmese
Women with
their love-ones in and around Germany to participate in the June 19
Solidarity events
to be held at the " Sedana " Burmese Restaurant, Cellerstr. 14 in Hannover,
tel. 0511-
316331 / 7000451 between 18:00 and 24:00 hour on June 19. The Sedana team
of the
Burmese democratic expatriates would be delighted to serve the honourable
guests
with typical Burmese food and exotic cocktails. Live entertainment with
Burmese music
and songs will be presented by our Burmese musician Bo Han. Please join us
at the
Sedana Burmese Restaurant in Hannover, we are preparaing for Hannover 2000,
one
of the most famous international trade fair.

+ On the occasion the Women of Burma Day and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's
Birthday,
Prime Minister Dr. Sein Win and Dr. Thaung Htun of the NCGUB attended a
rare ceremony
held by amnesty international and the Mayor of the city Marl in Germany in
order to highlight
the lack of Human Dignity and Human Liberty under the present Burmese
narco-military-
dictatorship SLORC/SPDC. The ceremony held unusually at a huge cross road
of the city
Marl, during which all four traffic signal lights of the cross road were
RED and the main road
was suddently named " Aung-San-Suu-Kyi-Street ". The traffic lights became
to normal function,
when Prime Minister Dr. Sein Win completed the naming ceremony. Please
visit the city of Marl
soon to make a rare photo shot.

+ During the celebration of the 350th. Anniversary of the Westphalian Peace
Treaty in Muenster,
PM Dr. Sein Win was invited to open the " Power of Non-Voilence " open-air
concert, played by
Simple Minds, Bob Geldof and Long Beach Dub. In honour of the Women of
Burma Day and Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi's birthday, Burmese musician BoHan sang a Burmese song
"hello, Daw Aung
San Suu Kyi ". The applause was splendid. A huge computer print of the size
of about 2.5 x 4.5 meter
of technicolor portriat of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi was hanging on the open-air
stage.

+ PM Dr. Sein Win and his delegation had also been invited to a ceremony of
transforming former
military training ground to a Peace and Understanding Park. In honour of
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
and the Women of Burma, PM Dr. Sein Win planted a tree with a symbol of
peace and mutual
understanding between two nations. Please remember in the future when you
are in Germany
to visit this Park of peace and mutual understanding near Muenster.

With solidarity and commitment to peace and democracy in Burma,

Nwe Aung
Burma Bureau Germany