policy/censorship

Dear all,

It is BurmaNet policy not to block and/or censor messages regardless of
content.  Your messages are automated, and no one on BurmaNet sees these
messages before anyone else.  Censorship on burmanet-l does not exist.
Period.

Regarding some difficulties some subscribers report about not being able to
send messages:

I am not aware of these problems until I am notified of such.  Because
burmanet-l is such a large list, there are occasional technical
difficulties.  If you try to send a message and receive an error, please
contact me immediately (strider@xxxxxxxxxxx) and I will facilitate the
transmission of your message.

Regarding subscribers who are are taken off the list:

Again, this is a technical consideration.  As the BurmaNet editor, I
receive several messages every day of postings that cannot be delivered to
certain email address.  This happens for a variety of reasons, the most
common being that a server is down.  In such cases, I ignore the error and
assume that when the server is back up, the messages will go through.
However, I also receive error messages saying that a subscriber's userid is
no longer valid ("user unknown") which means an account has been closed,
but the person did not unsubscribe from the list.  In such cases, I remove
the userid from the subscription list.  When this happens, an automated
message goes to that userid with instructions on how to get in touch with
me if her/his email has been taken off the list mistakenly.  Again, if you
find yourself unsubscribed from the list unwillingly, please contact me
immediately and I will make sure you are back on.

If you have any other concerns about subscription and posting policy,
please contact me directly.

Kindly,
BurmaNet Editor