Kenneth Oo... AYBL 's leader for

Odly named and badly managed weekend gathering place called All young
Burmese League,AYBL INC.situates in  LIDCOMBE, NSW, Australia.Weekday,there
no activities whatsoever but In the weekend, on Sunday only,there are
cookings ,selling foods and fund raising activities to pay off the housing
loan taken out  by a dozen or so hardcore members, where Kenneth Oo and his
family members have a largest stakes, rotated by an ernest member of the
family each week.Used to be a quite popular one but now,many hardcore
members have resigned for some bitter reasons over the loan and surviving
with a few members just enough to pay off the loan.I do not know  exact
figure on that and it was never been released for public ( Burmese in
Sydney) information.The " NO ENTRY- EXCEPT ON DUTY " sign infront of a room
behind the glass door is the most ovious one in the centre of AYBL.

I am just highlighting the AYBL INC.prfile so that people from other part
of the world can figure out what AYBL is all about. It was never been a
political group and hardly talk about political discussion there or in
their used - to - be - a monthly journal ": LO KA NAT ",no funds ,no
resources,no person to do it. This the state that AYBL is in at the moment.

AYBL recently had a ledership change,Ko Maung Maung ( TERREL OUNG) resigned
as a president and Kenneth Oo,secretary( big clerk) took over was never
been acknowledged publicly.In short,that is how they run AYBL INC.There is
no trace of democracy encouragement in the organisational structures and
activities but everything will be decided by the board members who are the
ones own share in the shop-the AYBL centre ,flanked by a local butcher and
an empty carpark.

AYBL was never clear itself for being  a community centre or a property
investor but ended up in buying a dead property, a rundown shop,its value
will never increase but everywhere else in Sydney.The whole bunch of them
are no smart,infact Kenneth Oo in particular has a dictatorial tedency by
being AYBL secretary  since it was formed 10 years ago and now even the
president.Why ? the rest of the members are useless bunch of sheep? Clearly
there is no democracy around.

Actually I do not really have much to criticise Kenneth Oo politically
simply because he is not political nor has clear cut political beliefs. All
along I have known him, since 1989-90 , he was never been included in a
serious political discussions in Australia except groups voting purposes.
As an  AYBL's big clerk, he is very factional and a bit weird almost
lacking in  common senses.I personally considered him as a little " party
youth" or Teacher's favourate boy of the class.

But he had cross the line by putting up his undemocratic and inaccurate
conclusion on FTUB/NCGUB issue.

1. " NCGUB and its representatives in Australia are doing many good for
Burmese community developement in Australia"     This is totally a invalid
statement.When and where members of NCGUB actively involved in th
ecommunity affairs rather than symbolical gathering and in the
monestry.There is Burma Office acting invisible just like its master NCGUB.

2. All Kenneth Oo was saying is that NGUB ,FTUB and ABC are doing good job
therefore no question asked. The question that he never dare to ask himself
was that a better job could have been done if  they are accountable to
people they lead and have listened their concerns.Is this the democratic
system here that we are living in.The government that encourages budgeting
and auditing to have its accountability right by the people.Imagine,there
is no budgeting at all in Australia,what will happen?Is it Right? No.
My dear Kenneth Oo, remember that NCGUB is a government and the same thing
is applied.There are not only us who are concerned the way NGUB?FTUB is
going but also many more out there.

3.  Also what a ridiculous suggestion that  to ask the donors for NCGUB's
accounting.The donors are not our government and have no obligations
whatsoever to answer but the NCGUB is to them and to all the people it
claimed to lead.

4.   ..... public accessible burmanet is not a right place to prove....
why not? this is progressive way of democracy where freedom of information
must be guaranteed on government budgeting.Even better as it will remain a
piece of history of a government honesty.If you have done nothing
wrong,there is nothing to hide.

5.Every right minded person understand that there are some sensitive issue
which can not be made public.It can be explained so and still be
accountable to an appoited body.There is nothing goes pass unchecked as a
public office or property. Otherwise it breeds corruption if failed to do
so.

6. The last and more important thing is that  Kenneth Oo seemed to
understand  only funding and money matters are involved in this NCGUB/FTUB
issues.But also their accountabilities such as efficiency,policy,decision
making and agreements that made on behalf of the Burmese people which one
day they have to be accounted for.

7. There are many people voicing concern over FTUB/NCGUB's activities and
funding matters around the world yet Kenneth Oo could not see the
point.Similarly ,AYBL is falling apart,everyone in Sydney knows that,but
Kenneth Oo himself. Naivity kills and ignorance is not an excuse.

8.I think this is enough for an ignorant.I will concerntrate on those big
boys after this.

Regards

Panyoma
Sydney
19/6/98 -----------
> From: kenoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: FTUB/NCFUB
> Date: Wednesday, 17 June 1998 19:45
>
> Dear BurmaNet Readers,
>
> As far as we, ALL YOUNG BURMESE LEAGUE (AYBL) members in Australia are
> concerned, we sincerely believe and see that the NCGUB and NCGUB's
> representative in Australia are doing many good for restoring democracy
in
> Burma and Burmese community development in Australia. As we (Burmese in
> Australia) know, NCGUB and its representative are very successful in
> lobbying the international and Australia community for restoring
democracy
> in Burma in many ways.
>
> I came to know Dr Sein Win and NCGUB when it was formed in Manaplaw in
> December 1990. He is quiet and a gentleman. I also met him as second time
> in 1992 when he came to Australia to lobby the Australia government for
> getting moral and other possible aids and support for restoring democracy
> in Burma. He also met the Immigration Minister Jury Han and discussed
about
> the Special Refugees program. The special refugee category called SAC213
> (Special Assistant Category-213 for Burmese people living in Thai-Burma
> border) came out later that year was very much influenced by Dr Sein
Win's