Birthday greeting by the KNU

Office of the Supreme Headquarters
Karen National Union
Kawthoolei

Felicitations on Occasion of 53rd Birthday of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi

June 19, 1998

On behalf of the KNU and together with the Karen people, at home and
abroad, I would like to extend the warmest greetings to the NLD General
Secretary, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, on the occasion of her 53rd Birthday.

We are together with her, in spirit, in her relentless struggle for
freedom, human rights, democracy and peace.  We have no doubt that the NLD,
under her able leadership, will achieve victory together with other
democratic and the ethnic forces, over the evil dictatorship of the
military.  The positive changes taking place in Indonesia and elsewhere in
South-East Asia, we hope, would help her to convince the SPDC military
junta to look for peaceful resolution of the problems, besetting the country.

May the Almighty God shower His choicest blessings upon her and may she
have success in all her endeavors!

With best regards,

(Saw Ba Thin Sein)
General Secretary