SPDC shows fear at the slightest po

    I have a true story to report to you. Last night, I received a call
for me that forced me to take it even when I was in shower as the caller

said it was an "emergency". It turned out that the caller was a friend
called Le Le Win who also lives here in Edmonton. She sounded so alarmed

that I asked her what was the problem and she said she has been accused
by the SPDC in Calgary that she has been the figure head in Edmonton
Burmese political movement. And that they threatened her and read out
the list
of accusations.
      As soon as I heard Leeward Co. boycott I knew that they have made
a mistake. It was me who wore Daw Suu's pin on my blouse and confronted
Mr. James Davis , the speaker at the conference.
 Le Le at first must have thought that I tried to impersonate her and do

these activities so that no harm would come to me but she was so relief
when I told her that it was just a case of mistaken identity. Since both

our last part of the names end with Win, James Davis when he reported to

the SPDC in Calgary must have said it was one Mrs. Win. Le Le has been
here longer than me and so only her name was known to the SPDC and
naturally they
accused her.
  In short, what this incidence revealed to us is that

1.     The SPDC is afraid of even a trivial political activity.(they
have a list of even the last BWI (Burma Watch International) meeting
that we held in my house, they knew we celebrated Ma Suu's Birthday
etc.) and that anybody can accomplish what we have
done e.g. stop further investment in Burma and it hurts the SPDC.

2.     A lot of Burmese do still have fear of SPDC even when they have
Permanent Residence status in countries like Canada. The fact that SPDC
managed to
threatened Le Le shows how long the arm of SPDC is. One can not imagine
what Burmese INSIDE must feel when they face wild accusations and of
being tried and sentenced arbitrarily.

This incidence should strengthened our resolve in the movement. It is
an evidence that when little things when they add up they can become a
huge impact. As I say "Unity can conquer the impossible".

 Best regards
Alice.

Contact: Le Le Win                 (403)436-8886.
              Alice Khin Saw Win  (403)439-7555.

Remarks: SPDC in Calgary refers to the Burmese Ambassador presently
visiting Calgary and his people.