Ko Tin Maung Oo Memorial day! (r)

At 10:40 AM 6/26/98, you wrote:
>Dear comrade,
>Today is the 22 years memorial day of our student martyr Ko Tin Maung
>Oo.  He was the first student leader who was hanged by the BSPP regime.  Ko
>Tim Maung Oo led two student demonstrations: U Thant Funeral in 1974
>December 5 and 1975 June strike known as Shwe dagon Strike, which
>started on June 6th.  He was an extraordinary leader who was known as
>"Big Lion". Like KO Tin Maung Oo, genaration to generation thousands of
>unknown heroes sacrifice their lives for our mother country like Ko Tin
>Maung Oo did.  Their blood are not dry yet.  I warn all of you to
>remember our fallen heroes and keep our promise to establish democratic
>system in Burma.  Ko Tin Maung Oo and I work together hand in hand with a
>spirit of brotherhood and I promised him I will continue our struggle
until we
>establish the democratic system in our country.  I still keep my promise
>and I am still proud of it.  We have commintment to change the military rule
>not on the surface but deep into our bone. Their blood are not dry yet.
>Who ever betrayed our cause will be punish, who ever join with us will be
>honoured.
>
>Slute our fallen brothers and sisters!
>Long live the spirit of fighting peacock.
>The revolution of the generation will strike back again.
>Ko Tin Maung Oo will live forever in our hearts.
>
>with respect
>
>Htun Aung Gyaw

Yes I remember him most of my life as a true hero and a powerful leader.  I
use Ko Tin Maung Oo because he represent the whole Burmese population.
Yes, he is a Chin national and General Secretary of Chin Student
Association in RASU.  He is a national hero. "Salai Tin Maung Oo" is a good
name to honour him.  I agree with that.  I respect him as a freedom fighter
who fought for the whole nation.

regards

Htun Aung Gyaw

Subject: Re: Ko Tin Maung Oo Memorial day!
To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm glad you remember our fallen hero "Salai Tin Maung Oo". He was quite
a hero for all of us. "Pin-Ya"  building and "RASU" will ever remember his
dedication to the cause. He was the man. One of the "Most brave Asho Chin"
ever live.
      Please refer him as "Salai Tin Maung Oo" to honoured his Sir name
"Salai".
Only the hero deserved to be called "Salai".