FTUB... and now, RFA, what do we do

             Mountain View, CA

The sayings go, where there is smoke there is fire and when a fish rots it
rots starting from the head and I remember a Burmese proverb "when one fish
rots the whole boatload rots".

We seem to have a problem with NCGUB, FTUB, and RFA. I personally agree with
and support the questions that have been asked. I believe the leaders of these
organizations first, owe all of us an apology for being insensitive. They have
not kept us (supporters and non supporters alike) informed, as to what their
goals and objectives are and periodic status reports on what they have
accomplished. They also should account for the funds they receive from all
sources, especially when they are public funds.

NCGUB was formed on behalf of NLD and supported by all of us because of Daw
Aung San Suu Kyi. Under difficult circumstances, DASSK manages to keep us
informed with newsletters, audio and video tapes, etc..., I have not seen the
same from the groups in question.

These groups are in most part being funded by US taxpayers as part of the
Burmese Democracy Movement. Historically all political movements in Burma have
begun with "University Students" and will continue to do so. Everybody wants
to ride into positions of power on the shoulder of our young people. But we
continue to ignore them even though we are still in the struggle. I can
imagine where they will be when we do succeed.

If these organizations continue to ignore the questions raised, we need to
unite under a "banner" and mount a movement within the US, the EU and Japan to
"cut" all funding immediately. We in the US should immediately announce that
we do not support these groups and inform our goverment accordingly.