Free Burma! at Concerts and Music F

LA Free Burma Activists set up informational tables at two concert events
in southern California this week, talking to hundreds of people about
ARCO's continued support for the brutal military regime in Burma.     At
both concerts (the Warped Festival (a mainly punk and ska show attended by
thousands of people) and the Ani Difranco concert) we hung our giant "Burma
is a nARCO Dictatorship" banners as well as other signs reading Boycott
ARCO and Free Burma.     We collected hundreds of postcards to ARCO as well
as signatures on a petition to an LA City Councilmember regarding L.A.'s
Free Burma law.

This is a great opportunity to talk to lots of people and collect lots of
signatures on petitions.    Many people were very interested and promised
to Boycott ARCO and to tell their friends to do the same.

It is also a very fun thing to do since you usually get to see the bands
who are playing as well!     We encourge others to take advantage of this
opportunity to reach out to youth and expand the campaign for a Free Burma!

Kevin Rudiger
Burma Forum, Los Angeles
Campaign for Corporate Withdrawal
2118 Wilshire Blvd #383