Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 08:32:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A CLARIFICATION BY THE NATIONAL COALITION GOVERNMENT OF THE
UNION O
To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<center>A CLARIFICATION BY THE

NATIONAL COALITION

GOVERNMENT OF

THE UNION OF BURMA

</center>

Based on unfounded reports, there has lately been a spate of criticisms
and attacks on the Internet against the National Coalition Government of
the Union of Burma (NCGUB).

For security and other judicious reasons, it has always been the firm
policy of the NCGUB not to engage in a public debate on the Internet.
Since its inception, the NCGUB's agenda has always been the restoration
of democracy and human rights and all its resources are directed toward
that end.

Anyone with a good intention and genuine interest in the functions of
the
NCGUB can contact the NCGUB offices at the following address and phone
numbers.  We will be happy to provide the answers.

National Coalition Government of the Union of Burma

815 Fifteenth Street, NW,

Suite 910

Washington, D.C. 20005

Tel:  (202) 393-7342