N.E.D/NCGUB/FTUB

 Dear Netters,
                          I've been closely watching what's being debated,
argued and resolved on the Net regarding N.E.D's fundings to NCGUB and
FTUB.And I believe it's time for me to point out what I do know. I'm a
federal employee of the United States Government and accordingly I can't be
an activist but as I'm Burmese and these debates going on  for a while are
related to Burma, I feel  responsible  to express my knowledge based on facts.

First of all, let me tell you that N.E.D is known as a surrogate CIA by the
CIA employees.It's also a private, nonprofit, grant-making organization
created in 1983 to strengthen democratic institutions around the world.

Endowment programs in the areas of labour, business and political party
development are funded through four core institutes: the Solidarity Center,
the Center for International Private Enterprise, the International
Republican Institute, and the National Democratic Institute for
International Affairs. The Endowment is governed by an independent,
nonpartisan board of directors. With its annual congressional appropriation,
it makes hundreds of grants each year to support prodemocracy groups in
Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East,
and the former Soviet Union.

I do want to tell you that N.E.D. has to be reported by the grantees about
their progress in their work.There's also auditing conducted on funds
granted to these grantees.

Instead of casting accusations at each other, why don't you try and  have a
will as there's a way?Accusing one another of being a SLORC spy won't
resolve this issue at all.It will prolong
your revolution undesirably.

If you have any questions and concerns, please direct them to N.E.D by post

@  The Office of Public Affairs
The National Endowment for Democracy
1101 15th St., NW Suite 700,
Washington, D.C. 20005
Tel: 202.293.9072. Fax: 202.223.6042.
The President's name is Carl Gershman.

Life is too short to be little yet it's never wrong to be thorough.

That's all I wish to say.

Thank you,all.

Sincerely,

Julien Moe