Support for the NLD's call for a Pa

			The Disabled Co-operatives

								No.  (2)/ 98
								Date: 30 June 1998

We, 37 members of the Disabled Co-operatives from Huay Kaloke refugee camp
would like to express our views on the NLD party's recent statements in Burma.

We became disabled persons because of the military dictatorship and
oppressions of the junta.  Therefore, to abolish the military dictatorship
in Burma, we would like to request the following ;-
1. We fully support the NLD party's demand to call the parliament within
60 days.
2. We call the international workers' community to pressure the military
junta to implement the 1990 May election result.
3. To achieve peace in Burma and to cease the 50 years long civil war in
Burma, the tripartite dialogue which includes the democratic parties and
forces, the ethnic forces and the SPDC.
4. To pressure and help to establish  the genuine  federal state in Burma.
5. To support the struggle for democracy rights, human rights and the
ethnic rights  and support to achieve the unity among the nationalities in
Burma.
6. To support the current activities of the NLD party led by Daw Aung San
Suu Kyi which we strongly appreciate.

Fraternally

Saw Sai Key
President
Disabled Co-operatives
Huay Kaloke refugee camp

			++++++++++++++++++++++++++

		Agriculture Co-operatives (Karen State)

Statement of the Agriculture Co-operatives (Karen State)
regarding the NLD party's demand

The Agriculture Co-operatives (Karen State) fully support the statement of
the National League for Democracy party's demand  dated 23 June 1998,
calling for a parliament within 60 days.

The NLD party won over 85% of the MP seats in 1990 May 27 election, held by
the junta, thus, the NLD party has the right to call  the parliament which
people of  Burma granted the right.

Even if the military junta fails to implement to call a parliament, the NLD
has the right to call the parliament by itself.

The Agriculture Co-operatives demand the military dictators to call a
parliament immediately and  go back to the barracks as  General Saw Maung
promised to the country.

If the dictators decides to use its force to oppress activities to
implement democracy, the junta should take all responsibilities.  We, the
members of the Agriculture Co-operatives, also gravely urge workers,
farmers, students and the whole people including monks and religious
leaders to unite and support the NLD.
· To support the NLD party.
· To form free trade unions for workers and farmers.
· To unite among unions and other organisations, for our struggle for
democracy.
· Soldiers to return to the military barracks.

The Agriculture Co-operatives also promised to cooperate together with the
people from Burma and the NLD party to achieve democracy in Burma.

Agriculture Co-operatives
Date: 1 July 1998