INFORMATION SHEET N0.A-0518( I )

           N0.A-0518( I )                                   24th July 1998

(1)		Vice-Chairman of State Peace and Development Council Deputy Commander-in-
Chief of  Defence Services Commander-in-Chief (Army) Receives Political
Commissar of Chengdu Military Command, PLA
		Vice-Chairman of the State Peace and Development Council Deputy Commander-
in-Chief of Defence Services Commander-in-Chief (Army) General Maung Aye
received visiting Political Commissar General Zhang Zhijian and party of
Chengdu Military Command, People?s Liberation Army (PLA) of People?s Republic
of China, at Zeyathiri Beikman, Konmyinttha on 23 July.
(2)		MIC Chairman Leaves for Singapore
		Chairman of Myanmar Investment Commission and Secretary of Myanmar
Investment Commission left Yangon by air on 23 July for Singapore to attend
the Meeting of Heads of Investment Institutions of ASEAN Member Countries.

OFFICE CALLS IN YANGON ON 23 JULY
(A)		Minister for Energy received Chairman Dr Surakiart Sathirathai and party
of Petroleum Authority of Thailand (Exploration & Production)  PTTEP
International Ltd at his office.
(B)		Minister for Finance and Revenue received Chairman Dr Surakiart