Fwd: Detention of Union leader

--part0_901298953_boundary

Dear Burmese students and Internet audience,

Hundreds of students have been detained in prisons across Burma since 1988. At
times some students were even beaten to death at the hands of the prison
authorities. But no student organization makes a big deal out of that. Nor it
release a statement about the situation in general so that the students get
special attention.

To get attention from concerned groups is okay, but to imply to the
international communities that the union-related issues (manipulated by FTUB
Maung Muang) have existed to the benefit of the democratic cause is a crime,
because none of his activities have contributed to the Burmese democratic
movement. Besides the FTUB which was purposefully but wrongfully endorsed by
Dr. Sein Win(NCGUB) cannot justify the expenses of the funds it has received
from European and American governments.

Instead Maung Maung always attempts to buy out particular groups and
individuals to back him up while all pro-democracy Burmese students and
activists all over the world are refuting the fake activities in which Mg Mg
has been engaged in order to make easy money under the cover of the so-called
union affairs. In the long run, however, truth overcomes money because Maung
Maung cannot buy everyone. But because of people like Maung Maung and his
accomplices in NCGUB, the movement suffers, good people suffer, and the whole
political community overseas suffers. No more statements issued by such fake
people like Maung Maung and a handful of his followers in India, Thailand and
Australia, please.  Smart Burmese students and activists understand their
motive behind---to cheat the non-Burmese funders with show-offs in order to
get funded.

If one asks why Burmese students are that much angry at FTUB, they would
answer in a simple way. Indeed all that the authentic Burmese students wish to
do is
(1) to analyze the syllabus of FTUB over the past 7 years.
(2) to match Maung Maung's political performance against the amount of money
he had received from white governments.
(3) to change the shift, if possible, of the current political direction which
is now being dominated by NCGUB and FTUB to meet their personal needs.

Dr. Sein Win ( NCGUB) has heard of bitter truths as never before, when Burmese
student activists have began speaking out against Maung Maung's monstrous
existence and interference in the Burmese democratic movement, to nobody's
good but to his own. The almost-dead movement itself is a story which
implicitly questions for Dr. Sein Win as leader of NCGUB whether to let Maung
Maung and similar opportunists proceed forward at their own pace is to
demoralize----to resist our call for reforms----to show total disregard to the
overall situation----to use and rely on Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's huge power to
justify anything NCGUB did or does overseas----or to let the evils of the
movement live and prosper at the expense of all others.

A close friend wrote to me something notable in a letter, which read:
" In politics of a country which is identified with its current political
deadlock, a leadership, unless able to contemplate possible changes even after
ample time was given to work things out, is more an obstacle hindering
progress in the way of the majority than a torch shedding light on the path.
And that leadership tends to perpetuate the situation when it has found a way
to secure its position despite its ineffectiveness and bad name. You just
can't fight it easily. But we are always expected by the public to expose and
discuss the topics related to how choices and decisions of a leadership affect
their lives and their country. This way we should get somewhere some time. At
the moment our pent-up fury represents not only the truth but also our desire
to see progress through other alternatives. Dr Sein Win doesn't like to think
of alternatives, I assure you, because progress in Burmese politics makes no
sense to him and because he likes to see things the way they are now. You know
such a situation has secured his position and those of his followers. But in
the long run, between those who oppose NCGUB/FTUB and the others who support
these two self-proclaimed groups, there is a very sizeable difference."

For all refletive individuals,

Thanks.
aasw

--part0_901298953_boundary