Demonstration to Denounce SPDC in D

Immediate Release
Urgent Action

July 26, 1998

Democratic Burmese Students Organization (DBSO-USA), Committee for Restoration
of Democracy in Burma (CRDB), and American friends will hold demonstration in
front of the Burmese embassy in Washington, DC on July 27, 1998 at 5:15 P.M.
to denounce the Burmese regime self-named State Peace and Development Council
(SPDC) that has illegally detained Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Daw Aung San Suu
Kyi and her colleagues in her sedan car for three days on the highway to
Bassein. Daw Aung Suu Kyi was stopped Friday morning 32 miles west of the
capital while driving to Bassein, 100 miles west of Rangoon, to meet members
of her political party.

We, Burmese community, are very regret by the junta harshly restoration over
Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. We deeply concern her heath condition since she has
forcefully been remained in her car for three days under the hottest sun
without foods and water on the highway.

It is illegal that the SPDC has surrounded Daw Aung San Suu Ky's car on the
highway. She is in fact a citizen of Burma and has legal rights to travel
within the county as every Burmese citizen enjoys. We again urge the SPDC to
allow Daw Aung San Suu Kyi to continue her trip and to warp up unnecessary
barricades.

Program:

Place:		: SPDC-Embassy
: 2300 S Street, NW
: Washington, DC 20008

Time:		: 5:15 PM

Contact Person: 	: U Tin Maung Thaw (CRDB) 703-834-5670

		: Nyi Nyi Lwin (DBSO) 301-984-6271, 301-468-1010, Ext. 3241