Annan Talks To Suu Kyi's Husband (r)

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998 OKKAR66129@xxxxxxx wrote:

> dohrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > How aptly put.  You do use a fake name, and it is that fact which opens
> > you to this type of forgery.  You must realize that when you choose to use
> > a fake name, that does not give you exclusive right to that "name."  And
> > in fact it is well known that you use SEVERAL "fake names."
>
> Larry Dohrs,
>
>     Whenever I am going to use a screen name in SCB or BurmaNet I always
> announce that I am going to use that name. Everybody knows about it except the
> blinds like you.
>
> > The way to avoid the problem, is for you to stop using fake names, and to
> > use your REAL name, for which you DO have exclusive rights of use.
>
>    If you think that Okkar is not my real name, is that your father's name?

That's a funny way to respond to a suggestion that you use your real name
when you post, in order to avoid confusion.  Again, it is up to you
whether you want to use your real name or your fake name, but it seems
hypocritical to use a fake name, and at the same moment criticize others
who use fake names.

> > While you are at it, why don't you also state truthfully what your rank
> > and job title are.  This would further avoid the confusion that is caused
> > when an anonymous source purports to post "official" statements.
>
>    If you want to accept these statements as an non-official and rubbish,
> you can assume as  you like. No objection.

Again, the dictionary definition of "official" (in this case from
Webster's) is "vouched for by one holding office; authorized."  So it is
not my subjective opinion of whether the "information sheets" are
"official."  It is much more a question of whether they meet the objective
critieria of the definition.  So, do they?

> > I don't believe that you have proven that the message you refer to came
> > from any "activist."  It could equally have come from one of your
> > colleagues in Military Intelligence, could it not?
>
>    As far as I know, non of the SPDC people subscribe BurmaNet except me. They
> don't
> want to talk to you. Do you see a single message in BurmaNet from SPDC side
> except
> my messages? In last May and June, I was travelling to OR, CA, NV and TX.
> During this
> time, do you see a single message posted to BurmaNet using my name "Okkar"? If
> it is
> not my name, why the messages were not posted to SCB using that name while I
> was away from my computer?

Please clarify.  Are you saying that Okkar is your real name, or just the
fake name that you choose to use when you post?