SPDC's NEW STOPPAGE STRATEGY (r)

RE: SPDC'S NEW STOPPAGE STRATEGY
================================

>According to the new strategy, SPDC specially trained youths of the
>Union Solidarity Development Association, the Fire Fighting Squad >and
the Red Cross have been recruited to disrupt the Daw Aung San >Suu Kyi's
movement not to continue her touring by utilizing the >requesting
methods.

>Currently, so-called well-trained youths are being mobilized at
>township/ward peace and development council offices in Thamaing and
>Mingaladon, out-skirts of the capital Yangon.

Does this mean that the SPDC has taken a final stand not to have a
dialogue with the NLD and prepared to risk a nationwide unrest? Too bad
if that is.

In the past, there were incidences when the USDA, the youth arm of the
SPDC, had been mobilied to rally behind the SPDC or even made to attack
the NLD party leaders. Therefore, this upfront plan of the SPDC to
create riots between the USDA's youth and the supporters of the NLD's
movement came as no surprise. But, we should remind ourselves not to
take it lightly because its ultimate plan is to justify the use of
excessive force to kill.

With the clear mandate that the NLD party had receieved from the people
of Burma in the May 1990 general elections and their continual support
together with a disciplined and non-violent nature of the opposition
front, we should be able to receive a timely U.N intervention to end the
illegitimate rule of the junta in Burma peacefully, victoriously and
once and for all.

Unity is strength. Follow the lead of the NLD party and don't let
ourselves fall into the Junta's trap.

Minn Kyaw Minn
==============

>From notes@xxxxxxx Sat Aug  1 04:57:05 1998
>Date: 01 Aug 1998 04:31:15
>From: pdf_bkk@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: SPDC's NEW STOPPAGE STRATEGY
>To: Recipients of burmanet-l <burmanet-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>SPDC's NEW STOPPAGE STRATEGY
>
>A new stoppage strategy has been plotted by SPDC and directed through
>State/Division Peace and Development Councils to Township/Ward Peace
>Development Councils and Administration Departments to interrupt the
>ongoing travelling by NLD General Secretary Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
>
>According to the new strategy, SPDC specially trained youths of the
>Union Solidarity Development Association, the Fire Fighting Squad and
>the Red Cross have been recruited to disrupt the Daw Aung San Suu Kyi's
>movement not to continue her touring by utilizing the requesting
>methods.
>
>Currently, so-called well-trained youths are being mobilized at
>township/ward peace and development council offices in Thamaing and
>Mingaladon, out-skirts of the capital Yangon.
>
>The previous oppressive interruptions by SPDC military Intelligence and
>armed security and police forces were critically condemned by the
>international community. To revert the accusations, SPDC are using
their
>lackeys as scapegoats to foment their new strategy, according to
Rangoon