New release form Myanmar Embassy in (r)

100036.2541@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Dear Dr Kyaw Win
> I do not know who wrote the news release from Ottawa Embassy but I think it
> will be with your approval. As a highly Educated and Elite Burmese citizen
> of Burma who had studied freely and educated under a Democratic Goverment
> of U Nu and coming from a good and respected family I am amazed by what you
> are doing now. As a Doctor in the civilian life and in the Army as a
> Physician researching on Malarial treatments you have no doubt saved
> thousands of life I must give you all the merits for these achivements. Did
> you realised that you were kicked upstairs in the terms of old BSPP sayings
> , when they want to give a lucarative post to one of their people or like
> when you fell out of favour  with one of the dictator's pet. I hope you
> will have realised that you have become a puppet of SLORC/SPDC it is still
> not too late to join the side of the Democratic movments. Think of the care
> free days when you were studying at the Medical College can the present
> generation of students do like that.
> The SPDC is making the present genaration to become uneducated by denying
> them the rights to have proper education or any facilities for their
> physical and mental well being. What is the future of Burma with several
> generations of uneducated youths SPDC wanted it to be like them so that
> they can control them easily what will become of our natural resources rich
> country. When you are at University  you are a member of the Rangoon
> University Boat Club I hope you will still remember Sir Edger's motto "Row
> till you are dead" what he meant by that I assume is to strive you best to
> the very end. Any student can join the club and many members of the club
> become high achievers in their own fields. As you well know most of these
> high achievers although they want to stay and serve in Burma are now
> abroad. I dont want to name names a number of people who you have rowed
> with are now abroad which is a loss to the country, why do they fled ? it
> is because they are not yes people. Like A.M.Thein of British Columbia
> wrote it is not too late if you want to see the good of Burmese people and
> the country you can correct you ways. Like the Burmese saying that "it is
> important that the name should not die although man will die" to uphold
> your name and your parents name I hope you will do something to get out of
> this.

> Maung Maung

> Sydney

What I like to get is this kind of dialogue. Although we can't do anything for
the dialogue between DASSK and SPDC, we can at least have dialogue in
BurmaNet. We can exchange our views. Who dare say that it may not lead to the
dialogue of SPDC and NLD one day?

I am going to forward your response to Dr. Kyaw Win. Actually, they can
subscribe to BurmaNet directly and they can freely discuss with you but I
don't see no  Myanmar Embassy staffs discussing in BurmaNet.

Unlike the time of BSPP, the post of an Ambassador is not "kicking upwards"
these days as you have mentioned. They are selected people, I think.

By the way, you are in Australia and do you hear anything about Col. Aye
Myint? Once, we were together in Hmawbi round about 1973-74.

Okkar